Thursday, July 7, 2011

30 Day Disney Challenge: Days 20 - 27

Oops! I wanted to do the latest Disney Challenge post on Tuesday but it completely slipped my mind. There is so much else on my mind with the move coming up and getting things ready for that that and whatnot. But I have a post planned for my Disney collections, a movie night, and I now have a chance to catch up on the Disney Challenge (brought to you by Your Highway in the Sky!). You can see day 1 here, days 2 - 4 here, days 5 - 8 here, days 9 - 13 here, and days 14 - 19 here.

Day 20: A picture of the best way to beat the heat at Disney


image from Disney O Rama

There are a lot of great ways to beat the heat at Disney, but probably my favorite (and actually something I haven't done in years... for some reason we have yet to take advantage of baby swap) is Splash Mountain! I have already told Aaron that I really want to ride this on our next trip, so I can't wait!

Day 21: The best place to take a picture at Disney


I honestly don't know what to call this place, but I guess it's a little rose garden by the castle at Walt Disney World. There is a PhotoPass area and a little farther down is a covered seating area where we go to rest around Ashlyn's nap time. It's quiet and beautiful!

Day 22: A picture from your favorite Disney movie


image from FilmoFilia

I have a lot of favorite Disney movies and each for lots of different reasons. My absolute favorite changes depending on the day or my mood. Right now, though, I am absolutely in love with Tangled, as many people are. The characters are fun and loveable and Pascal is one of my favorite (if not my #1) sidekick. The Little Mermaid and Winnie the Pooh are also near the top of my list.

Day 23: A picture of the character you dislike most


image from Disney Villains

I think my daughter dislikes Maleficient most considering she is the only character Ashlyn is actually scared of (though Sleeping Beauty is one of her absolute favorite movies). Aaron had a hard time picking someone he disliked, as did I. I think he eventually settled for the prince in Snow White. He says it annoys him that he doesn't have a name besides Snow Prince. :P After I thought about it for awhile, I have to say maybe I don't necessarily dislike any Disney characters (so far... there are still lots of Disney movies I need to see! Hmmm... maybe I need to make a list of all those along with my Disney Bucket List in my tabs up at the top of this blog...). But one of my least favorite has to be the Evil Queen from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (don't think we don't like the movie, considering both Aaron's and my least favorites are in it... I LOVE this movie!). Again, I don't dislike her but I can't think of anyone else. She's a good villain but I "love to hate" other villains a lot more. I do absolutely LOVE the queen peaking out of the window above the Snow White's Scary Adventure ride in Disneyland, though. TOO COOL and something not everyone slows down to see. I wish they had that at Walt Disney World, but they're changing everything in Fantasyland anyway. Oops, I'm rambling again, aren't I? Sorry. :) Scar is probably my favorite villain, but that has nothing to do with this challenge. Just a little tidbit about me. ;)

Day 24: A picture of your favorite Disney-related possession or souvenir


I have a lot of wonderful Disney possessions/souvenirs but my favorite one is probably something that actually belongs to my daughter. I'm not sure if you can tell by reading my blog, but I tend to be pretty sentimental. And I have a lot of feelings and memories that Disney is the background for. My hubby, daughter, and I flew to California to see my dad just this past April. My dad gave my daughter a Tinkerbell necklace that belonged to my mom. I am looking forward to one day, when she's old enough to understand, explaining to her what makes the necklace so very special.

Day 25: A picture of your favorite childhood Disney memory


image from last.fm

I don't have a lot of pictures from my early visits to Disneyland. :( I'm hoping to get some from my dad one day. But I remember once a month my parents would take me out of school (for the few years we lived in Southern California) so we could go to Disneyland for the day with minimal crowds. I know, you'll get conflicting feelings on doing that, but I turned out just fine and had all A's and B's. And I will always remember the wonderful memories of sitting in the back seat, belting out songs from the oldies station or Radio Disney with my mom (my dad's not really into singing), and anticipating a magical day. ♥

Day 26: A picture of the way you keep Disney alive when you're not at the park


One of the main ways we keep Disney alive at home is through our movie nights. After we're settled in our new home I hope to get back to having them twice a month. We decorate, have a themed meal, usually have a craft or two, and watch the movie. We all end up having so much fun!

Day 27: A picture of the person you most love sharing Disney with


I love sharing Disney with Aaron and my dad, but I just have to say I most enjoy sharing Disney with Ashlyn. I will always remember how her face lights up when she sees Mickey and Aurora and all her favorite characters. She is in absolute love with the castle and all things princess. I will always cherish the memories of watching her at Disney. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment