Thursday, January 10, 2013

Movie Night - Robin Hood

The other day we had our first movie night of 2013... Robin Hood!


It had been awhile since we had seen this movie.  I don't know why because I absolutely love it!  Here's what we did.

Food:
We had Robin's fried chicken, Hiss's colessssslaw, Maid Marian's jeweled fruit, and crushed grape ale (aka grape soda).



I think the perfect dinner for this movie would be some type of stew because that is what Robin burns near the beginning of the movie, but honestly we weren't feeling that for dinner.  :)

Decorations:
Here was our dining room table.


We already had the calla lily plant and I added some leaves on the table (from Ashlyn's Brave birthday party... the greenery by our TV was from the party, too) and a bouquet of fake flowers and rocks I put together from the Dollar Tree.  I thought it actually turned out really pretty and like it was picked from Sherwood Forest.


Activities:
We did some archery,


colored a picture,


and made Prince John/King Richard's crown.


 Everyone tried on the crown.  Even the animals.


Poor animals.  ;)

It was a lot of fun and we all loved the movie.  Like I said, it had been a long time since we've seen it so it was kind of like new to Ashlyn.  Our next movie night, coming up in a couple of weeks, will be The Incredibles!  Ashlyn has been playing super heroes a lot lately so I know this will be a blast!  I already am collecting some awesome ideas.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment