Tuesday, January 8, 2013
2013 Disney Resolutions
Welcome to those of you joining me from 400 Miles to Disneyland and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the 3rd stop on our Magical Blogorail.
I love the beginning of a new year. I know if you want to change something, you should do it straight away, but there's something about a new year that motivates me. I actually like making resolutions and that's what this month's blogorail topic is all about... our Disney Resolutions for 2013!
It is my continuous goal to make sure I do at least one thing I haven't done yet every time we go to Walt Disney World. Disney is always changing so there is always a long list of things for me to still do! So I did some thinking and came up with a list of 5 main things/resolutions I want to make sure I do this year. We're not sure at this point if we will be able to afford getting annual passes when ours are up this summer, so I'm glad this topic came up so I could prioritize! ;) Not all of them are for in the parks, but anyway... here we go!
1. Get ready for a Disney 5k. I'd say this is my main goal. I want to save up some money and start running (I'm going to do the Couch To 5k program, I think) so I can be good to go for the Disney Royal Family 5k in February 2014. I know, this resolution spans into next year, but all my prep for it will be this year. I'm already really excited about it. Maybe one day I'll get myself to try a half marathon!
2. Learn a Disney song on the guitar. We recently bought a guitar because both Aaron and I wanted to learn how to play one. It was our joint Christmas gift to each other. I just started a couple of nights ago, but I'm going to work on being able to play a whole Disney song by the end of the year. I don't have a particular one in mind at this time.
3. Take Ashlyn on Splash Mountain. And any other ride she can go on, really. She's less than an inch shy of that magical 40" mark that opens up another level of rides at Disney. I really want to make sure that I take her to experience these new rides as soon as possible after her next growth spurt.
4. Take my Dad to MNSSHP. Now, this goal I am not 100% sure will happen yet. We're hoping my dad will be moving here in the next few months, but that's not set in stone yet. Then we have to see how everyone's work schedules are and if we have the money for it at the time... so there are a lot of factors, but it's something I want to work on making sure we can do. Plus, I want to try and convince my dad to dress up as Walt at the party... he'd look awesome.
5. Relax and go resort hopping. I have never explored any hotel that I hadn't been staying at. Even then I wouldn't take the time to look at all the awesome details they all have. So this year I will make sure to take a trip just to see what all the hotels have to offer. Since we do live fairly close, we won't be missing out on anything if we don't go to the parks one time. I am particularly looking forward to exploring Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Boardwalk.
Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is Joanna and her Amazing Technicolor Interwebs.
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:
1st Stop ~ Can Do It Mom AKA Mouse Fan Diane
2nd Stop ~ 400 Miles to Disneyland
3rd Stop ~ Disney in Our Blood (you are here)
Final Stop ~ Joanna and her Amazing Technicolor Interwebs