Monday, March 5, 2012

Movie Night - Mulan

We had our latest movie night... Mulan! I got some Chinese lanterns and Ashlyn's Mulan doll.


We don't own this movie yet and since it's not out of the vault at the moment, we rented it from Walmart.com. We just hooked our computer up to the TV and watched it streaming. So, if there's a movie you want to see but you don't have it, try checking out WalMart.com (or I'm sure other online stores offer the same service). Anyway, we took this opportunity to go ahead and order some Chinese take-out. We very rarely do this, so it was a treat.


We ended up getting sweet and sour chicken, pork fried rice, egg rolls, crab rangoons (one of hubby's favorites but I'm not a fan), and... hmmm... I can't remember what main dish Aaron got... oh well. You get the idea. :)

Dessert was fortune cookies, of course. Dinner only came with two so Ashlyn and I shared one (we ended up having some Goldfish Smores a little later during the movie... nothing to do with Mulan but they are SO GOOD! We had never even heard of them before... you should definitely try them). My fortune said something like "Life's a gamble - roll the dice." Aaron's said something about how he thrives in adversity. Which I thought was really cool since during the movie the Emperor of China says of Mulan, "The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all."

Ashlyn colored a picture of Mulan and I made her a fan.


I printed out our names in Chinese to put on our chairs (this one is Ashlyn's).


Anyway, this was a pretty simple night for us. I have been in a funk the past week or two and just wasn't as into it as I usually am. I am feeling clearer and more creative again, though, so I'm really looking forward to doing something awesome for the next one. Please remember to vote in my movie night poll! So far Dumbo is in the lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment