Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Magical Blogorail Peach: Best Value in Disney


Welcome to those of you joining me from 400 Miles to Disneyland and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the 2nd stop on our Magical Blogorail.

When I found out this month's topic was about the best value in Disney, I really wasn't sure what I was going to write about. As much as I love to research Disney topics and plan our trips, I honestly never have paid too much attention to where we could save some money (besides booking during times when there is a percentage off the hotels or whatnot). So I am really looking forward to reading everyone else's posts. :)

Anyway, I thought about it and there are quite a few tips on saving money and some free/inexpensive things to do or buy, but I thought I'd mention something that we have actually not experienced yet but will be (hopefully) soon.

Fort Wilderness Resort and Campgrounds has so many opportunities for fun. There are carriage rides, horseback riding, and bike rentals to name a few. But they also have a wonderful, FREE activity that looks like so much fun... Chip n' Dale's Campfire Sing-A-Long! Here guests (even those not staying at Fort Wilderness) can sit around a nice campfire, sing songs, and roast marshmallows! You can buy things to make smores at the campgrounds, but to save a little money, you can bring your own supplies. Chip and Dale also make a special appearance. After the sing-along, a Disney movie is shown on a big outdoor screen (for example, tonight they are showing A Bug's Life... I found the schedule on Build a Better Mouse Trip). How cool is that? I mean, seriously, I think it's so cool that all of that is free for all Disney guests!

Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is Joanna and her Amazing Technicolor Interwebs.


Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:

1st Stop ~ 400 Miles to Disneyland
2nd Stop ~ Disney in Our Blood (you are here)
3rd Stop ~ Joanna and her Amazing Technicolor Interwebs
4th Stop ~ Can Do It Mom AKA Mouse Fan Diane
Final Stop ~ Tips from the Disney Diva

7 comments:

  1. I went over to Fort Wilderness for the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue in December and was blown away by all the cool stuff! Would love a chance to get to stay there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read about the camp fire there and always wanted to do it. Fort Wilderness does have a lot to offer and not that expensive, even the carriage ride was bad. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I NEED to get over there one of these days. I haven't been in many years and I'm hearing so many wonderful things about these activities. Thanks for sharing!
    Rosanne @ The Disney Point

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have yet to try this, but it sounds like something my kids would love to do! Chip and Dale and s'mores would probably be their favorite thing of the trip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Fort Wilderness is a vacation-within-a-vacation. Still trying to convince the family to stay there one year (especially at Halloween or Christmas, so we can take in all the decorations)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm so glad you posted this! I will have to add this campfire to our To Do list for our upcoming WDW trip. Sounds super fun with Chip n Dale!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great family night out! Love Chip n Dale and marshmallows - WooHoo!!!

    ReplyDelete