Saturday, January 7, 2012

Movie Night - Aladdin

Thursday night we had our newest movie night... Aladdin!


This is one of Ashlyn's favorite movies (heck, it's one of my favorite movies, too), so I was excited to do it for her. Anyway, I printed a few pictures I found online that were taken around Morocco in Epcot. I also printed out the background portion of this Aladdin playset and put Ashlyn's Aladdin and Jasmine dolls in front of it.


I really only had one candle to put on our table as decoration, but I also used our red placemats, blue plates, and got some purple napkins. I made napkin rings out of construction paper, too. They were supposed to look like Jasmine's headband, but it reminded me more of the Eye of Sauron. :) I still liked it, though, and so did Aaron and Ashlyn.


For dinner we had Aladdin's beef shish kebabs (except we didn't keep them on the stick. lol We used the recipe for Beef Shish Kebabs at the restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco-Epcot for guidance) and Jasmine's cous cous.


For dinner, we had Abu's monkey bread. SUPER yummy.


We also made magic carpets out of felt, stickers, and Sharpies. Aaron didn't have a chance to make one, though.


Next week I'll be doing a small movie day for Beauty and the Beast. We will be going to see it in theaters, but since it is for my birthday we won't be doing a full blown movie night. We'll do a couple of things, though. Remember to please vote in the poll in the side bar to let me know which movie you would most like to see a movie night done for! I am also starting to work on a page that will have a list with a link to all my movie night posts, in case you are looking for ideas for a particular movie. You'll be able to find the page in my tabs right up there by my header

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! The magic carpets are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to your movie night posts - so fun! We are huge fans of Aladdin too! Such a sweet movie!

    ReplyDelete