Saturday, May 28, 2011

Tangled Movie Night

Let's just get one thing straight. I LOVE Tangled. Like, completely adore it. My husband and daughter do, too. We bought it the day it was released and had a movie night the next night!

We saw it when it first came to the island, but we have an outdoor movie theater which means movies only at night. So Ashlyn fell asleep part way through. But I knew she would love the whole thing once we could watch it all with her. Just so you're not in suspense... she did love it. ;)

For dinner we had angel hair pasta with Maximus's meatballs, braided breadsticks, and Rapunzel lettuce salad (a nod to the original fairytale).


We also had, though I didn't take a picture of, Pascal's key lime pie (hubby really wanted some key lime pie so it became Pascal's) and hubby and I had The Snuggly Duckling's ale (blackberry merlot - The Snuggly Duckling is the tavern they go to for those who haven't seen it. And to those who haven't seen it.... see it . :D ).

I put Ashlyn's hair up in a braid with flowers like when Rapunzel and Eugene (Flynn) went to the kingdom.


I really liked how our decorations came out. Simple, but cute.


On the bottom I had two paper lanterns (with battery-operated tea lights in them), Rapunzel, and Pascal.


On the top I put up a banner I put together (idea and template from Supermom Moments - her Tangled party was awesome!) and since Rapunzel loved to paint on the walls of her tower, I put up some of Ashlyn's artwork.


And of course no movie night would be complete without my friend Jamie's movie tickets! Always an awesome addition!

As for activities, we ran out of time and didn't get to do nearly all I wanted to. We did the coloring pages (Ashlyn kinda helped color Pascal, but was much more interested in coloring Rapunzel) and really that's about it. I wanted to let Ashlyn decorate the lanterns with stickers and stuff as well as go outside and play with sidewalk chalk. I also really want to make this Rapunzel tower, but I just didn't have the supplies and the NEX doesn't carry them. So down the line when we do Tangled movie night again, that's high on the list of activities. :) There are also a lot of cool Tangled activities we may do to mix it up a bit on the Disney site (whether for a movie night or just for fun).

All in all this was a great movie night that we all enjoyed and can't wait to do again!

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be my first movie I do when I start my family nights. I bought my daughter some new dolls to go with it, since i bought her the polly pocket size tangled tower so right now that is her favorite movie. I can not wait to get this done when i get home.

    ReplyDelete