Thursday, July 1, 2010

Towel Animals

As I said in my last post, I grew up on Disney. I went to Disneyland countless times. We usually always took day trips since we usually lived pretty close. I got older, moved out of the house, and eventually found my way over to Virginia. There I met my loving hubby who just so happens to be in the Navy. About 2 1/2 years ago we moved to the Naval station at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba so now, whenever we get the chance, we head on over to Florida and go to Walt Disney World. Well, our last trip to WDW was this past March. We met up with my Dad whom I hadn't seen in about 1 1/2 years and he hadn't met his granddaughter yet!

I could talk forever about that magical trip, as well as the two trips with my hubby and daughter before that, but I wanted to let you in on something that I just learned today. If you've ever stayed at a Disney hotel, you may have been lucky and gotten a towel animal. I think they are really cool and our March trip was the first time we had gotten one!

I had decided to play a little game with it and put it with our Mousekeeping tips, putting it in a different spot each day. Our Mousekeeper actually would move it to a different spot when she would come, too. It was something that put a smile on my face and I hope it made her smile, too.

ANYWAY, when we got back home, I started a trip report on the DIS Discussion Forums (I'm BabyEeyore over there). When I talked about our towel animal, someone asked me if we kept it. What? Can you do that? I really wasn't sure. I didn't think much of it but it always kinda sat in the back of my head. Well today I checked Twitter (I follow a lot of wonderful Disney tweeps... click on my Twitter button over there on the right to find me) and @DisneyParks tweeted about a WDW Mom's Panel answer to that question. It turns out you can keep them! Now I'm extra hoping for one when we stay at Port Orleans French Quarter in September! ;)

Have you ever gotten a towel animal? Did you keep it?

No comments:

Post a Comment