Saturday, July 31, 2010

Movie Night - Lilo & Stitch

Our latest movie night was...

I recently showcased my friend Jamie's Lilo & Stitch night. I thought it was funny they did that movie since we had it planned for soon after, too! We love Lilo & Stitch. Such a fun movie!! Anyway, here is our table.

I took Jamie's movie ticket design and just added our name. I absolutely loved this addition! I am going to do the movie tickets for all our movies from now on.

I also looked up our names in Hawaiian and printed them out in a cute font with a little hibiscus border. I have to say, I just love my name in Hawaiian... Kilikina. ♥

Oh goodness, I just realized I didn't take pictures of dinner!! It turned out really yummy, too. We had Chicken Pineapple Skewers, rice, Hawaiian rolls, and pineapple upside down cake! Well, I guess you can see the cake in the above picture. :) It was my first time ever making it and my husband is STILL raving about it! I wasn't a huge fan when it was still warm, but I really enjoyed it once it got to room temperature. And it was such an easy recipe.

Of course Ashlyn had to have a flower in her hair!

I made her a little hula skirt out of ribbon and leftover crepe paper. (I knew saving the last bit of crepe paper from her 1st birthday party would come in handy!!) I'm sure you could make something like this out of anything really. I just used what I had on hand. Oh my goodness, let me tell you, she had so much fun with it! She was dancing and twirling all around the living room. :)

We had a blast this week. Next week's movie is Cars!

1 comment:

  1. I need to look up our Hawaiian names now! Your night turned out so good and I'm glad you liked the tickets. I started making more yesterday, I should soon have up Finding Nemo, Ariel, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King...I thought there was one more but I can't remember now.

    Your pineapple upside down cake looks SO good! I've never made one before, I might have to try. And I can not get over how cute Ashlyn looks! You can tell she is having so much fun. If I ever have a girl, I hope she is a girly girl like Ashlyn seems to be. Sooooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete