Monday, December 2, 2013

Practically Perfect in Every Way


Welcome to those of you joining me from Picturing Disney and those of you just hopping aboard. I am the 2nd stop on our Magical Blogorail.

Disney's Saving Mr. Banks, a film about Mary Poppins author P.L. Travers and Walt Disney's attempts to persuade her to let him bring her words to film, is being released on the 20th of this month and I, for one, am very excited!  I cannot wait to see how the film turns out.

In anticipation of its release, I, and the rest of the Peach line, are paying tribute to Mary Poppins.  I decided to have a themed dinner with my family before watching the movie!  (I apologize in advance for the not-so-great iPhone picture.)


We had a tea party to go with the movie.  We had finger sandwiches (the ones on the left are cucumber and the ones on the right are chicken salad), vegetables with ranch, cakes, and tea (with a spoonful of sugar, of course)!

To make this a full blown movie night (which are getting hard to prepare around here, but I am going to try to more often... at least themed meals!), it would be fun to tell jokes at the table, like when they have tea with Uncle Albert.  You could also draw landscapes or other pictures and tell stories of what it would be like if you jumped into them, like Bert's chalk drawings.

Thank you for joining me today. Your next stop on the Magical Blogorail Loop is Can Do It Mom AKA Mouse Fan Diane.

Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:

1st Stop ~ Picturing Disney
2nd Stop ~ Disney in Our Blood  (you are here)
3rd Stop ~ Can Do It Mom AKA Mouse Fan Diane
4th Stop ~ 400 Miles to Disneyland

11 comments:

  1. Love your tribute, I think the tea party is an awesome idea ;-) we are excited to see it too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a practically perfect tea party. Think it is a wonderful way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I keep saying we're going to start Disney movie nights here - with themed dinners - but I just never seem to actually do it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! It's the perfect way to celebrate. And I can't wait to see the movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scene with Uncle Albert is one of my favorite scenes in the movie! Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and I can't wait for the movie either!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love your header pic of Ashlyn & Mary Poppins! So sweet! My daughter loves to have tea parties, so we may pull out the DVD and follow your example :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun ideas!! I love having a themed dinner on movie nights, will definitely have to do something like this with Lexi!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww...I love your movie themes! They ARE practically perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete