Each week I post a quote from Walt Disney, a Disney movie, ride, etc. to keep the Disney spirit going... even on a Monday!
Aladdin: Princess Jasmine, you're very...
Genie: Wonderful! Magnificent! Glorious!... Punctual!
Princess Jasmine: Punctual?
Aladdin: Uh... uh... beautiful!
Genie: Nice recovery.
Here are some fun facts about Aladdin, found on www.imdb.com.
* This film became the 14th (and the first animated movie) to gross more than $200,000,000.
* An IMAX version was planned but never released.
* To capture the movement of Aladdin's low-cut baggy pants, animator Glen Keane looked at videos of rap star M.C. Hammer.
* For release in India, Disney replaced the game show host with a cricket commentator.
* In early visual development, Aladdin resembled Michael J. Fox. As the film developed, Jeffrey Katzenberg didn't think Aladdin had enough appeal to women, so he asked that Aladdin be beefed up a bit to resemble Tom Cruise.