Monday, October 22, 2012

Start Your Week Off Right

Each week I post a quote from Walt Disney, a Disney movie, ride, etc. to keep the Disney spirit going... even on a Monday!

I was talking to my daughter about what I should take a quote from and mentioned rides.  One ride she really wants to go on, but she'll have to convince her Daddy to go on with her because I CANNOT handle spinny rides, is the Mad Tea Party ride!  So here is one of my favorite quotes (there are many) from Alice in Wonderland.


Cheshire Cat: If I were looking for a white rabbit, I'd ask the Mad Hatter.
Alice: The Mad Hatter? Oh, no no no...
Cheshire Cat: Or, you could ask the March Hare, in that direction.
Alice: Oh, thank you. I think I'll see him...
Cheshire Cat: Of course, he's mad, too.
Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.
Cheshire Cat: Oh, you can't help that. Most everyone's mad here.
[laughs maniacally; starts to disappear]
Cheshire Cat: You may have noticed that I'm not all there myself.

Here are some cool bits of trivia I found at imdb.com:

* Kathryn Beaumont, who was the voice of Alice, narrates the "Alice in Wonderland" ride at Disneyland

* The Doorknob was the only character in the film that did not appear in Lewis Carroll's books.

* HIDDEN MICKEY: In the scene where Alice grows and gets stuck in the White Rabbit's house, if you look closely at the DoDo bird's flame as he lights his pipe, there is a hidden Mickey flickering in the flame.

*  In the Walrus and the Carpenter sequence, the dates on the calendar are the same as they would be in March 2010, when Disney would release Alice in Wonderland, directed by Tim Burton.

No comments:

Post a Comment