Monday, September 24, 2012

Start Your Week Off Right

Each week I post a quote from Walt Disney, a Disney movie, ride, etc. to keep the Disney spirit going... even on a Monday!

We just had my daughter's Brave themed birthday party so in honor of that, here is Ashlyn's favorite scene from Brave.


image from disney-clipart.com

King Fergus: Pretend I'm Merida, speak to me.
King Fergus: [shrilly voice] I don't want to get married. I want to stay single and let my hair flow in the wind as I ride through the glen firing arrows into the sunset.

We will be taking our annual "Ashlyn's Disney Birthday Trip" soon so I will share pictures from her party after we get back.  Until then, here are some fun Brave facts that I found from imdb.com.

* Reese Witherspoon was originally announced as the voice of Princess Merida, but scheduling conflicts prevented from taking the role. Kelly Macdonald replaced her.

* Originally 80% of the film took place in snow. When director Brenda Chapman left the project so did much of the white stuff.

* This is the first Pixar film to have a female protagonist and to be a period piece.

* The misunderstood dialogue that Young MacGuffin (voiced by Kevin McKidd) speaks is actually a form of Scottish dialect called the Doric that comes from Kevin McKidd's hometown of Elgin, Scotland.

1 comment: