Thursday, May 24, 2012

Minnie Mouse Birthday Party Favors


Welcome to those of you joining me from Pursuing the Magic and those of you just hopping aboard.  I am the final stop on our Magical Blogorail.

I love planning, whether it be for a Disney trip, movie night, or a fun party!  Favors are always a fun part of a party for everyone and are a great way to thank your guests for celebrating with you even before the thank you cards are sent out.

There are so many fun things to include in a goody bag for your guests.  Not only is there a great variety, but many of them are very economical.  Stickers can be found anywhere (including the Dollar Store) and practically every kid loves them (heck, I love stickers).  Small coloring books with crayons, bubbles, and necklaces are great options, too.  Party City has a great selection of Minnie Mouse favors.  I particularly love the ring and earring set for $0.99.


My daughter has sticker earrings and a princess ring set and absolutely loves them, so I know she would be really excited to see these in a goody bag.

Along with these fun favors, I usually like to add something more personal.  I love the idea of making cute sugar cookies and putting one or two in each bag.  There is always so much to do for a party, but you don't have to do anything complicated to make a big impact.  I made sugar cookies and cut the dough out using a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter before baking.  I love this recipe from Bake at 350, but any recipe you love will work.  After baking, it's time to decorate!

I use this recipe for royal icing, again from Bake at 350, but as with the sugar cookies, just use your fave.  I outlined the shape with pink, flooded it in with pink, thinned icing (used a toothpick to spread the icing to the edges), and then put a dots of white (thinned also).  This would be very easy to change to red/white/black if you want to do classic Minnie.


After this is completely dry, just write "Thank You" on the cookies with an edible marker.  Please wait until it is completely dry or you may poke through the icing like the one on the left because I was being impatient.  :)



After the ink was dry (doesn't take long), I went over the outline again with pink (not thinned) icing and put pink sprinkles on while it was still wet.


This would be so cute put in a bag and closed with a pink and white ribbon or something (or, again, red/black/white if you're doing classic Minnie) and slipped into a polka dot goody bag.
 
Thank you for joining our Special Edition Magical Blogorail this month.  If you are looking for more Disney magic, you can make your way over to The Magical Blogorail website to see all our members and their blogs, as well as all our previous loops.

 Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail should you happen to have to make a stop along the way and want to reboard:

1st Stop ~ Delightfully Disney with Minnie Mouse Invitations
2nd Stop ~ Disney Donna Kay with Minnie Mouse Decorations
3rd Stop ~ Growing Up Disney with Minnie Mouse Attire
4th Stop ~ Can Do It Mom with Minnie Mouse Inspired Drinks and Snacks
5th Stop ~ A Disney Mom's Thoughts with Minnie Mouse Games and Crafts
6th Stop ~ Disney Babies Blog with Minnie Mouse Cakes
7th Stop ~ Pursuing the Magic with Minnie Mouse Gift Ideas
Final Stop ~ Disney in Our Blood with Minnie Mouse Favors  (you are here)

12 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Gosh. Those cookies are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cute ideas!! LOVE the Minnie Cookies!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! They were really fun to make.

      Delete
  3. Yummy cookies - Love there look ;-)The sticker earrings is a great idea ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Like I said, my daughter just loves her sticker earrings and all her play jewelry. Sometimes she comes out of her room with 20 bead necklaces, a tiara, and a couple rings. I may need to teach her the "take off one accessory before you leave" rule. ;)

      Delete
  4. haha I guess he would be more for the coloring books, stickers, and cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Everything at the party is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! We've had THREE minnie mouse birthdays for Sydney, so I'm sure I'll be able to use this next year!

    ReplyDelete